After a brief timespan where I played with the idea of a name change to Soap Factory, I started to work on a logo to that name. It all started with the idea of a factory where instead of smoke, bubbles come out of the chimney. The whole logo should have an industrial feel to it and I liked the idea of a used look.
I started with different kinds of silhouettes of factories with a chimney and bubbles emerging from it. After some different looks, I started to google for factory images and drawings until I stumbled upon this old factory image which I liked. There were different styles I tried but in the end, I threw away the name Idea but I liked some of the designs I ended up with.